I have shared folder with an app on win 2008 server. After successful maping of this shared folder from other PC in local network can be open only text files and images. App (.exe) cannot be run. (App works fine, is runing on other server win 2003. Win 2008 is new instalation on new machine.)
Is there extra setting to allow it?
- Loged as administrator - each machine
- Granted all permission to account in sharing properties (read, write etc.)
Simplified version of question:
win2003 server, active directory, main Administrator (administrators - all permissions. I am only the who is managing server.)
- I create shared foleder (with app to be run.)
- Folder is maped as network drive (ex: \server\folder)
- Works fine for all network members except server machine iself. Those will sucessfully map folder, will open it, list it, allow edit text files or view images, but doesn't allow run anything becouse of 'no permission'
I trust that answer for this simplified version will answer me the question up.