What kind of hardware does Google use?
- Exclusively Intel processors? Always?
- Xeons, Duos, or Quads?
- Intel chipsets?
- motherboards - Intel, Gigabyte, MSI?
- What kind and build of RAM?
- What physical memory configuration (single large capacity modules or multiple smaller capacity modules)?
- What brand of HDD (I know they used to buy almost all the brands - from their disk failure report)?
- Were they able to implement a single voltage power supply for their servers (like they had been pushing for a long time to Intel)?
Any other trivia you have or would like to share?