This question already has an answer here:
- Why not use a WAMP stack? 3 answers
I have this weird problem with apache. First, a little bit of background:
I'm using XAMPP - but i tested wamp and vanilla apache, various versions - to do local (php) development on a Win7 Pro x64 machine. I also have a public IP, which is accessible from the outside. This works just great, speedy and peachy.
However, if I'm trying to access the apache from another PC/iPhone/whatever in the network, it takes a lot. a lot! to connect. However, after the connection is made, files are downloaded pretty fast (8mb/sec).
Also, i noticed that Vagrant is very slow (is what made me to think on this as an issue; first i was thinking that is only my apache configuration)
So, long story short:
- user from outside the network can access my PC with no problem
- local users must wait ~10-20 seconds for a simple page load (php, html, doesn't matter)
- xampp installed on another pc on network works ok
- lan sharing works just fine
- firewall is off, antivirus (avast free) was off for tests
I'm on win 7 pro, updated.
Things to consider:
- apache run on port 80 or 81 or 8081 or whatever, same result every time
- changing OS (e.g.: use mac) it's not an option :)
So, what the hell should i look for? Any ideas?