- Two Windows Server 2008 R2 virtual machines in a Failover Cluster running Print and Doc Services.
- I am using an iSCSI target off of our EMC SAN for shared storage. One LUN for the cluster itself, and one for the service's shared print spooler.
- Configuration is validated and up and running.
- Node and File Share Majority configuration.
- The witness is on a VM dedicated to being a Quorum for myself and a coworker. (I know that this is not a recommended solution but we do not have a true offsite location for witnesses)
- The servers themselves run on a 4 node Hyper-V failover cluster.
I am running into an issue where about every 5 hours, my cluster loses contact with the witness and spits out a ton of errors in event viewer (Cluster Error #s 1069, 1564, & 1177). It makes it seem like the service is being shut down, but it never actually does. It does not failover or go offline. The witness has been both on the current VM and on a physical machine but I get the same errors. The only clue that there is actually an issue is that very sporadically, a user's printers will not map on log in.
Any ideas as to what could be causing this?