We have web application that runs under Tomcat in a local network. Our customers experience strange problem using this web application. Let's say Tomcat server runs on host1 and we open webapp URL in browser on host2.
Any browser on host 2 starts opening page and downloading of content "hangs" for hours. We've made bunch of experiments and found that any content larger than 2000 bytes makes browser request hang. Tried in Internet Explorer 8, Opera 12, Firefox. At the same time if user opens website from internet, it works. Opening webapp from the same host1 where Tomcat is running works normally. Local network is organized with D-Link DGS-3120-48TC switch.
Additional info. During experiments we've noticed XP Tweaker installed on hosts. Network settings from that tool:
- MTU is manually set to 1500
- RWIN = 14600
- Support of TCP frames larger than 64 KB is on
- Time to Live = 32
- SACK is on