For a new EC2 instance, I setup a windows server with IIS.
I added the Amazon name servers to my on my domain, and configured an elastic IP pointing to the server. I know this is working as I use this for RDC.
On the server, I added the website tied to the IP address, and used the quicklink security group that has port 80 open.
However, whenever I try going to the URL, the browser indicates that the site cannot be found.
-- Update --
Ok, I realize that wasn't much to go on, so here are some details:
- setup Windows instance - using quicklaunch-1 security group:
- setup website in IIS with both www and non-www URL's to the internal IP address 10.208...
- quicklaunch-1 security group:
- created a Hosted Zone in Route 53:
- My domain host has two slots availble for name servers - I added the .com and .org name servers here
- When I look at the Load Balancers, I see the ...21cb Instance ID there:
- listeners are set to port 80
- for this instance, I don't have the A record pointing to the load balancer - only the Windows instance's IP address
- I can successfully RDC into the Windows server
- when I type in the server's IP address into a browser, I get the default website (I have now disabled the default site and kept the test site in question running)
When I try to navigate to the site using Chrome Incognito mode, I get that the DNS look-up failed, otherwise, the basic 'could not find...' error message.
This application does not require a load balancer either, so as mentioned above, I have no alias set for the A record, and the value is the server's IP address (not the load balancer).