On a brand new (just unboxed) Dell Precision 7500 computer, I began a kickstart using a red hat boot disk and a kickstart file hosted at an http address.
There is a picture of the full error below with trace information
I believe this is different than the other questions relating to kernel panic errors.
What I would like to know is
What causes the kernel panic
How does one fix this such that the kickstart finishes
Additional information can be provided as necessary.
This article indicates the problem has to do with using the RHEL6.2 boot disk, and that the issue may be fixed with the RHEL6.3 boot disk.
And it suggests this as the workaround
- Plug the NVIDIA GPU adapter card into the system.
- Disable the operating system-native GPU driver by appending the kernel parameter "nouveau.modeset=0" as the operating system parameter before kick-starting the install of RHEL6 update 2.
- Complete the operating system install and boot to the operating system.
- Install the latest NVIDIA driver for the GPU adapter as needed.
- If you must use RHEL6.2, use "nouveau.modeset=0" on the kernel command line
- Otherwise, use the latest RHEL6.3 boot disk and this should not be an issue