I have an empty CentOS 6.3 box. I need to run multiple websites from this server. Things that I have done so far are:
- Installed Apache, MySQL, PHP and PHP modules by following this article.
- I created a test file index.html inside the /var/www/html/ folder and tried to visit the default site by pointing my browser to the server's IP. But it didn't show anything.
- I commented the line "DocumentRoot /var/www/html" inside the httpd.conf file and added Virtualhost settings as:
<VirtualHost *:80> ServerName abc.com DocumentRoot /var/www/vhosts/abc.com DirectoryIndex index.php <Directory "/var/www/vhosts/abc.com"> DirectoryIndex index.php AllowOverride All Allow from All </Directory> </VirtualHost>
Note abc.com above is the hostname of my server and I connect to the server as firstname.lastname@example.org
- I created folders /vhosts/abc.com and placed a file index.php in it
- I then restarted the server using service httpd restart
Pointing my browser to either the server's IP or abc.com, shows me a "Page cannot be displayed". If I try to check /var/log/httpd/access_log or /var/log/httpd/error_log, it shows me nothing.
UPDATE: My /etc/hosts file is like:
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost 18.104.22.168 abc.com
and /etc/sysconfig/network file is:
How do I check where does the problem lie ? What possibly could be wrong here ?
Update2: My iptables file looks like:
*filter :INPUT ACCEPT [0:0] :FORWARD ACCEPT [0:0] :OUTPUT ACCEPT [0:0] -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -p icmp -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited -A FORWARD -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited COMMIT
After the las line (after COMMIT), I tried to add:
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
But a restart of the iptables service throws an error.