I have an issue with my aging (and soon to be replaced) GroupWise 6.5 system. The IMAP service in the GWIA tends to periodically shut down, requiring that I restart the service. When IMAP is down, my end users who use Blackberry BIS cannot send or receive email on their devices.
It's a royal pain to have to restart the IMAP service several times a day. The GWIA logs do not seem to indicate a problem.
I thought I was on to something yesterday. I discovered that the gwia.cfg file located in SYS:SYSTEM was actually from GW 6.0. The gwia.cfg in DOMAIN\WPGATE\GWIA was titled for GW 6.5 when opening the file for editing. I changed the generic placeholder info in the file to match my environment and restarted the gwia. However, it made no difference in performance. The IMAP service shuts down about 30 minutes after the last restart.
I know this version of GW is antiquated. We are in the process of migrating to Google Apps. But, if anyone has an idea that could fix this issue, I and my end user community would be forever grateful!