Using the HP Network Utility to team 2 ports on Windows 2008 R2 Standard results in this error:-----
An error occurred when making a call into the operating system.
Happens on either of two cards that are installed.
- This happened before and after upgrading to PSP 9.10.
- Uninstalled the HP Network Configuration Utility and re-installed version 10.65.0.6.
- Updated NIC drivers.
- NC382i DP - HP Broadcom 1Gb Multifunction Driver 18.104.22.168 (from 22.214.171.124)
- NC365T - Intel E1R 126.96.36.199 (from 188.8.131.52)
The error I listed aboce occurs when teaming 2 or more ports on the same card. With these two particular cards, you can team across them, but the NCU will give a warning that some features will be disabled due to differences.
Either way, not matter which ports I team, the error displays.
I have completed these additional steps:
- Uninstall the device and driver through Device Manager
- Reinstall device and driver
- Uninstalled and reinstalled the NCU
Error still occurs when attempting a team.