I've had a look around google and this forum but could not find an answer to my question. So probably one of you can help me a little.
My intended setup is:
- Router R1:
- wan connection to isp.
- connected backup server.
- provides some wireless SSID.
- other connected devices like printer, laptop, etc. both wired and wireless.
- Router R2:
- no wan connection to isp but connected to R2.
- connects mp3-streamer and music server.
- also serves as a wireless access point with same SSID.
- other than described connections only wireless connections.
I would like to be able to control music even if R1 is off, e.g. with no internet connection. On the other hand I would like to access internet also in the case that R2 is off, i.e. no music access. Last but not least I would like to stream internet radio, i.e., R1 and R2 are on, and music is streamed from internet to R1 to R2 to streamer.
I would like to realize all this using DHCP (also using static assignments) so i do not have to configure statically on android, laptop, etc. So my questions are:
- Can I make DHCP provide a list of two default gateways R1,R2?
- In order to make clients fallback to other gateway if currently assigned gateway is turned off?