Here's the scenario.
- We create a campaign in our database of email addresses ( around 200K emails per campaign).
- We send 4 such campaigns (newsletters) daily.
- The emails are such that a lot of users will come to the site as soon as they receive the email.
- So, even before our campaign has finished, the load on the server gets double high because users have already started clicking.
- The campaign sending cron job and receiving php script are both on the same server setup (1 Web Server + 1 DB Server + 1 Mail Server).
However, the hosting company now screaming that we have very high IOPS on their cloud (roughly 2000+) so they are going to downgrade us soon.
What should be our next plan of action and how to optimize this to keep it going over the holiday season.