I have found some information on this but have not found the exact answers to these questions.
- I have installed backup exec 2012 (with agents for databases)
- I have configured a storage pool, with 2 USB drives (1TB)
- The backups are configured to backup to one of the 2 drives (depending on which one is connected)
I have 2 questions:
- How do I get Backup Exec to tell me which disk to insert? I have used tapes before and it told me then which tape to use? I was hoping this was available for disks too. (Whilst there are only 2 at the moment, there will be more).
- And then how do I get Backup Exec to delete old backups when the disk if full.
News just in...
Checked with Symantec, and they do not support USB drives for Backup Exec. Symantec does support USB RDX backup devices, and it 'usually works' with standard USB drives (as per the configuration recommended in this post).