I just finished separately installing vCenter Server 5.1. I installed the components separately but on the same machine using a local SQL 2008 R2 DB (not SQL express).
Everything appears to be working correctly with the exception of SSO. It doesn't find the AD server. This is to be expected (see below) but I don't know how to fix it.
Potential Leads / Steps taken
- During the install of SSO, I was logged on as a local administrator (waiting on central IT dept to create a service account). As a result, I received a message saying that SSO wouldn't be able to automatically locate the AD. (fair eonugh)
- After I read up on it a little bit, I believed I could go into the SSO Configuration option in the Web client, like so:
However, what I actually see is:
- I also notice that the "SSO Users and Groups" entry is not there. Betting that has something to do with it as well.
- How can I get the "Configure" Option to show up for SSO?
- Overall goal: How can I manually enter the AD server in this scenario while logged in as a local administrator?
- VMWare vCenter 5.1 Installation: Part 9 (Optional SSO Configuration) [Derek Seaman's Blog]
- (used the image of correct configuration menu)