Had a new Axis IP camera delivered yesterday. Plugged into Cisco E2400 Wireless Router but having problems.
- WAN IP: 220.127.116.11 (example)
- Cisco Router: 192.168.1.1
- Axis Camera: 192.168.1.10:80
Port forwarding rules set up on router
- External Port: 999
- Internal Port: 80
- Protocol: TCP & UDP
- Device IP: 192.168.1.10:80
- Enabled: True
Trying to connect from within the lan to 192.168.1.1:80 from within browser - Works properly.
Trying to connect from within the lan to 82:10:10:10:999 from within browser - Works properly.
Trying to connect from outside the LAN (e.g. via 3g or another isp) to 82:10:10:10:999 from within browser - Doesnt work.
I get the following errors from different machines / browsers:
- Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding (IOS)
- The server at 18.104.22.168 is taking too long to respond. (firefox)
This problem is not just for the Axis camera. I am also having similar problems connecting to my NAS drive.
After using a web based port scanning tool, it appears as though port 999 is closed. Not certain why when I have set up port forwarding within the router.
Any troubleshooting suggestions to help me determine whether the problem is with my Cisco settings / firewall or whether it could be my ISP blocking incoming connection requests?