The employees in the company that I working are using mails alot. Some employees have more than 20GB of mail archive (Checked from Outlook data files). I am using hMailServer for mail server. The reason why they have such a high archives is this: Some files are sending to others as attachment. Sometimes for information they are adding other people. So basicly a 2MB file can be 20MB sometimes.
I am thinking to buy a new blade server and make it a linux mail server And store all mails in there. Then backup the all mails periodicly. So I need 20GB - 50GB mailbox size for all employees.
- Is this a good aproach or there is a better solution for this?
- Are the mail servers storing attachments in one place for different users? Same file is not in several mailboxes.
- 50GB mailbox and 30 users (this count can go upto 150 users) makes 1.5TB total space. When backuping how much this size compress?
- Is it possible to make a linux mail server work with Windows Active Directory?
- Is it possible for that mail server to store contacts and calendar activities?
- Outlook storing mails on its own file. Is it possible to make Outlook to just get the mails not store them in local PC?