So here is what I have currently:
- 8 SAS Drives total
- 6 Drives setup as RAID 5 as Virtual 1.
- 1 Drive setup as Hot Spare.
- 1 Drive in Ready state that is not part of the RAID and is not set as a hot spare.
Basically, everything on this server is setup on the RAID 5 as one virtual disk (OS, data, etc) and partitioned out. I want to separate things out a bit.
The configuration I would like to have:
- 2 drives dedicated to the OS, set up as RAID 1 (Mirrored)
- 5 Drives setup as RAID 5 for Data
- 1 Drive as Hot Spare
What is the easiest way to get this done without losing data? I can provide additional information if needed. Thanks!