I have found many questions and answers for ways of doing this using asapi filters or ARR and URL Rewrite, but none are clear and concise and I am sure many people have this issue.
I am looking for a best practice step by step solution to the following scenario:
- I have a development server accessible externally via a specific port for testing. Eg. rnd.domain.com:8888. So there is one port in and out of this machine accessible to the world.
- On this server I have a number of Apache or other servers using specific ports such as 8080.
- IIS is bound to port 80 locally as well as 8888 to get external requests and works perfectly.
- I would like to use an application (folder) in IIS such as rnd.domain.com:8888/mapserver to map to the local apache server in both directions.
- The same solution must apply in production where the domain is mapped to port 80. eg. production.domain.com/mapserver maps to 8080 on production server