I am migrating a xen guest. It is running a CentOS 4. I am using the same steps that have worked in the past for our RHEL5 and RHEL6 based systems but for some reason, I'm getting errors.
Here are the steps in brief:
- On the guest, install a non-xen kernel and the kernel's devel package.
- Turn off database and other services that may cause data inconsistencies
- Using VMWare vCenter Converter, migrate data to VMWare
- Boot into rescue mode using CentOS 4.8 CD disc 1
- Change root to the OS' root mount that rescue mode creates:
/etc/grub/grub.confso that the non-xen stanza is default
- Remove non-xen modules from config:
sed -i.pre-vmware '/xen/d' /etc/modprobe.conf
corunlevel and make sure we have lines for other runlevels
- Double check
/etc/inittabto make sure the Converter configured it correctly
- Re-install grub:
grub-install --recheck /dev/sda
- Finally, recreate init ram disk:
mkinitrd -v -f /boot/initr<kernel version>.img <kernel version>
This is what I get when I reboot now:
Can anyone help? Or provide some some troubleshooting tips? TIA.