I have a website on Windows Server 2003 which is set to accepts client certificates When connecting to my website on the QA environment I am prompted with my client certificate but this does not happen on the Production environment.
I have added the root chain (a total of 2 certificates) of the my client certificate to the Trusted Root Certificate Authority on both the QA and the Production environment - and I have even restarted the Production server.
I know that there can be an issue with too big a list of certificates in the Trusted Root Certificate Authority store, but I only got 87 certificates in the list so I think that should be fine.
I am basically running out of ideas here.
After googling alot more I think I found the answer. The client certificate CA was issue by a Windows Server 2008 which have new features that are not working on Windows Server 2003.