I have an issue connecting to a network share from Windows 7 Professional client to Windows Server 2008 R2.
Here are the particulars of the issue:
- When outside of the office, I log in to the computer as my AD domain user
- I then bring up my VPN connection to the office, this is OK
- I try and connect to a mapped network drive, which is mapped by NetBIOS hostname
P:\ => \\myserver\departments, but I get the error
invalid username or password, I am not prompted for any credentials
- I check that the VPN adapter is set on the top-most of the
Adapters and Bindingsof
Network Connectionsin the
- I see that the hosts file to contain the IP address of the server to remove the possibility of NetBIOS name resolution issues
The strange thing is that I am not prompted for credentials, Windows Explorer simply says
invalid username or password when attempting to open the mapped drive.
Disconnecting the mapped share, and reconnecting once connected via VPN works perfectly, and I am not prompted for credentials.
Any idea why this is and what can be done so I do not face the same issue each and every time I log in?