Background / Goal
- I have a VMWare HA cluster for production Machines with two hosts.
- It is currently set up so that it can account for the failure of up to one host. It does not use DRS.
- I need to remediate both of these servers to apply patches. I would like to do this with zero downtime.
- Can I vMotion the VMs in the cluster specifically to another host in the cluster and then take down a server?
- What is the best / recommended way to remediate servers in a HA configuration to avoid downtime?