First thing this morning, I find that users on one of our share drives are all getting "access denied". I tried the same drive and also received "access denied" as a Domain Admin. Previous to this, all specified users and admins could get access.
- I checked share permissions
- I checked NTFS permissions
- I temporarily made both types of permissions read/write to "Everyone" -- This worked for one user
- It turns out that this is occurring for only some files/folders. When I try to manually alter the share of that single share, it can't be shared, access denied.
- xcacls also gets access denied
- rebooted the server (not a big deal - this is a smallish company).
Does anybody have any insight, my google-fu is coming up blank. Thanks.
EDIT: More info, I just ran AccessEnum. There were a lot of "access denied", but I noticed the pattern that all of the access denied had a parent with an owner of "???". When I look at the properties, the "Unable to display owner" message is in the box and I can only make my user account the owner. I can then share the individual file/folder, but it doesn't seem to propogate down to subfolders/files.