I work in a University office that is a small triangle in shape, about ten feet at the window and five feet at the door, with a length of about fifteen feet. The University has used this office to also host about eight Dell servers and several PCs along with two good sized UPS units.
We only have the office HVAC, and that sometimes fails. When I show up in the morning, the window has been shut for security. If it has become hot (sometimes 90 degrees in the summer) the servers are racing to cool, and the air has an acrid sulfur electronic smell that is choking.
I open the windows and turn the fan on, but by then I am coughing all day. This has been going on for two and a half years. Our director refuses to move the servers because he says there is no 'empirical' data to show that server fumes in a very small office without the proper HVAC causes any trouble for the lungs.
Does anyone out there have a site that has studies for the effect of server gases on the lungs?