I have a domain and a workgroup. My users are supposed to upload files on regular basis to several shared folders on the workgroup.
I have difficulty accessing the workgroup shared folders without firstly mapping them to a drive letter. I do not need (neither want) to create separate network drives for say 15 different workgroup folders (they are on separate PCS).
Is there a way how to create a shortcut to shared workgroup folder so that the destination workgroup folder will open on clicking it?
Here are the key remarks:
- The OS used: Windows XP SP3
- The 15 shared workgroup folders are on different PCs
- Ideally, I wish to access them without username and password, if possible
- If the workgroup shared folders can not be accessed without username and password, I will create identcal user and very simple password for all of them, but i wish to have them used without asking users to enter it
- I wish to accomplish this on clicking one file (shortcut to the shared folder or .bat script)
- After the user clicks the file, I wish to have open the desired location
- The solution can be achieved with simple script
- I do not wish to use: USE NET and map separate drive for every location