I work as a sysadmin in a company and i am required to Deploy openLDAP. I have read a lot of materials but i really can't figure out where to start.
First about the company:
- Email: every user gets an email account such as email@example.com and an email alias/forwarder of the format firstname.lastname@example.org or sometimes [First-letter-of-first-name]email@example.com
- Jabber: every user gets a jabber account of format firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases this becomes firstname.lastname if names collide.
- Trac and Redmine: Every use gets accounts for trac and redmine which are usually his first name.
- A timetrex login as firstname or first.lastname.
- A machine login, firstname.
- Membership to mailing lists such as email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and etc.
- A MediaWiki account, again of the same format as email alias/forwarder.
- A ssh account on one of deployment server of the same format as email alias/forwarder.
What i think i should do: I should use inetOrgPerson and create custom scheme for our organization. What i am unsure is how can i manage so many different logins and how will respect software know which login to use. I have written a custom scheme that can store following information:
- Full name
- Joined on
Will anyone point me to the right direction? i have wasted a lot of time searching over it but couldnt come up with anything... Really appreciate you taking time and reading the question.