I have this asp.net(vb) (.net 2.0) application I'm trying to install on a 2008 server R2 virtual machine. I'm an experience web developer and bsd/linux server admin but I'm not really a windows server and have extremely limited experience with IIS - No schooling on the topic either so please treat me as if I'm an idiot when replying :) Make no assumption I know what you're talking about here.
Anyway, I've installed the IIS roll, I have the default application pool set to .net 2.0 and I have my application in the default pool. To be completely honest I'm not even sure this thing is .net 2.0 but that is what I was lead to believe. After a bunch of blood and tears I was able to get this thing to finally answer the door when I knocked on hxxp://localhost/Flex (my virtual directory / app dir).
The problem is now I'm greeted with the following parse error instead of a gorgeous blonde in a french maid's outfit (I renamed the class its looking for in this post since the original programmed used his full name as the class name):
Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Flex.SomeClass25'. Source Error: Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBase="CalcSeals25.aspx.vb" Inherits="Flex.SomeClass25" %> Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> Line 3: <html>
I found a bunch of stuff on the net to try to get around this to no avail, when I ran across the idea of changing
CodeFile= at the top of the .aspx file. When I do this it appears the parser starts to actually parse the .vb file thats referenced, however it bails again, and since I'm not a .net programmer I have no idea what this means:
Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'DataTable' is not defined. Source Error: Line 41: Line 42: ''Dataset holds all contents of csv file and used for lookups and populating listboxes. Line 43: Dim Table1 As DataTable = New DataTable("PipeData") Line 44: Dim SealTable As DataTable = New DataTable("SealTable") Line 45: Dim Row1, Row2, Row3 As DataRow
Now I know this is a server help forum so I'm not really expecting syntax help with this, nor do I have an urge to debug this either. The problem is, is that this exact code is running on a different server just fine. There is something wrong with the way this whole this is set up / configured that is causing the issue. I'm not really sure I should be changing codebase to codefile.