So, it's not terribly difficult to host a website from home. It doesn't seem to make sense to pay a 3rd party to host some low traffic websites, so in some cases hosting from your home computer makes sense .But maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture.
Here are some of the pitfalls I can think of:
- Dynamic IP address can bring the website down temporarily
- Power can go out for extended periods of time
- Internet provider can go down easier
- Limited bandwidth and bandwidth caps by ISP
- Potential contract issues with ISP not allowing website hosting
Are there others?