I have following setup of 2 Windows 2008 R2 Servers on x64, controlled via RDP.
Server 1: Development enviroment
- Using IIS (7.5)
- A asp.NET based CMS website running on the IIS.
- SQL Server (express)
- A couple of "custom" services.
- Some sort of smtp service
- And possibly other stuff.
Server 2:Live server
- Basic Windows 2008 R2 Setup with IIS.
How would one go about migrating/copying the development server to the live enviroment, in the easiest and most painless way?
I have tried using the server migration tool (smigdeploy) generating a package on the development server with the following syntax: - smigdeploy /package /architect amd64 /os WS08 /c:\migration (Note : I would like to use the /os WS08R2 parameter, but for some reason im only allowed to use the WS08 or WS03 parameters.) And I dont really know if this will do what I need.