I have locked both my administrator accounts out on my Windows Server 2008 R2 that has Raid. I tried the following-
- Insert the original Windows Server 2008 installation DVD
- Reset the computer, boot from DVD
- Choose option “Repair your computer”
- Start command prompt
- CD C:\Windows\System32
- MOVE Utilman.exe Utilman.exe.bak
- COPY Cmd.exe Utilman.exe
- You may also need to “Enable” the administrator account which can be done by using “NET USER administrator /active:yes”
- Restart windows
- At the login screen, type Windows-U, this fires up cmd.exe now
- NET USER administrator Presto! Login as administrator!
- Now repair computer again and move the original Utilman.exe back"
My problem is that since my server is on Raid when I am at the command prompt from the dvd the cmd prompt does not recognized the c drive.. it says "the system cannot find the drive specified."
Does anyone know how to get it to find the C: drive? Or any other way I can get into my admin account?