We're building an office for a small business, and the electrician is starting rough-in next week. I'm doing all of the low voltage wiring myself. We have electrician for 120V wiring.I have a dedicated space in utility room for 42U server rack.
At a minimum, the rack will include:
- basic server running ubuntu server 12.04
- dsl modem (12v wall wart)
- router (12v wall wart)
- 48 port switch
- multi-function laser printer
- 3 satellite boxes
- 7 powered Cat6 to HDMI converter plates (12v wall wart)
- 2 stereo receivers
- multi-room home audio receiver
- 2 bluRay DVD players
- 2 IR remote repeaters (each has 12v wall wart)
- 1 gateway device for garage doors (12v wall wart)
- 12x 12v wall warts
- 11x 120v devices
- 23 120v outlets required.
I will likely get 2 rackmount power strips, each having 12 120v receptacles. Can these 2 rackmount pwr strips be plugged into a regular 2-recepticle wall outlet, if the outlet is on it's own dedicated breaker?