What are some of the causes of not being able to ping a server?
I have a windows 2003 box that I can remote into but I cannot ping it.
What I have checked is:
- The server can ping my desktop
- Windows firewall is configured to allow ICMP responses
- I've turned the firewall off/on
- I've started/stoped/restarted the "Windows Firewall/Internet connection sharing" service
- I've tried combos of both (service off, firewall on; both on; both off; etc)
Any other thoughts? I am part of the server group and the networking guys have assured me that the network firewall is not blocking the ICMP requests or replys.