I'm a windows developer and just switched my hosted website over to a VPS to teach me some linux administration.
I would like to find some video tutorials that I can watch which just someone doing various common tasks on various linux flavors: CentOS, debian, Suse, e.g.
- setting up a firewall
- setting up cron jobs
- just seeing the commands they use, the bash scripts they have, etc.
- how they organize their files
- how they set up DNS, email, etc.
- upgrading from PHP 5.2 to PHP 5.3
- setting up a virtual host in apache
- using pine or vi or emacs, etc.
- how they install/remove software
- how they deal with problems that come up, etc.
- etc., etc. etc.
I'm not looking for polished video tutorials, just knowledgable people who turn on a screencast recorder and solve real problems and talk about it as they do it.
Does anyone know of a good source of videos like this?