I am deploying my Github repo to a Media Temple Grid Server using Capistrano. In order to do this, I've setup the following:
- Enabled logging into the remote server with SSH keys (following this guide)
- Created an SSH key on the remote server and added the SSH keys to Github (so I can pull/clone a repo from Github)
- Setup my Capistrano deploy.rb file with
set :use_sudo, falseand
default_run_options[:pty] = truebecause I am connecting and deploying with SSH keys and want to be as secure as possible
I'd like to know if this is:
- Secure: Is my workflow secure?
- Conventional: Is this the orthodox way of setting up this workflow?
Unfortunately, I was unable to use SSH agent forwarding with the Grid Server. I understand this is easier (and potentially safer) than creating SSH keys on the remote server and sharing them with Github.