I am working on a project for which I need to create a Python class which can determine underlying OS on which it is running and performs a sequence of checks if OS is found to be Windows Server 2003/2008.
Currently my check includes following parameters:
- CPU Utilization Check
- RAM Utilization Check
- HD Volume space available
- Well configured network parameters like DNS and DHCP
- RDP and other critical application services running
For 1 to 3 information can be extracted from Windows Task Manager BUT the question in HOW ?
For 4, ipconfig /all output would be fine and I think I would be able to extract them either from some python modules or regex ! (Believe me I am not sure)
For 5, I think I should use powershell trimmed Get-Services output.
I look foreward to seek help on points 1 to 3
- How can I extract this information from windows machine ?
- How can I use that information for further processing in Python ?
Apart from this any type of suggestion/query/improvements/known issues are most welcome.