We have a problem on one of our production servers (Windows 2003 server). It appears all app pools are recycling every 10 seconds or so (all at the same time). Needless to say this is negatively affects applications' performance.
- application caches are lost
- debug statements in application startup code are triggering
- background threads are stopped
Other things I discovered:
- surprisingly the w3wp.exe processes remain stable
- no anti virus running on that machine
- attempted to disable file change notification by adding
<httpRuntime waitChangeNotification="1000000" /> and
<compilation numRecompilesBeforeAppRestart="100000" /> to one of the applications, but it didn't help
- nothing suspicious in the Event Viewer
Not sure what else to try here.