I'm trying to connect to MySQL server from my dev machine(win 7) using 'Toad for MySQL'. MySQL server is located on AMI windows instance(amazon ec2). I have had success earlier with dedicated servers from godaddy. I'm asked to evaluate Amamzon ec2 for my company.
- This is my ami-161b5c44.
- I have setup an elastic IP and allocated the ip to the above instance.
- I have added the following rules in addition to default security group: 22(ssh),80(http),3306(mysql),3389(rdp)
- Granted all privileges to the user(root) in MySQL.
- Changed the mysql config file to bind to 0.0.0.0
- Added a rule in windows firewall to allow inbound requests to mysql.exe on port 3306
- In toad: connection type: TCP, Host(ip), user:root, password:*,Database:name_db, port:3306.
When I hit connect I get this on toad: "MySQL Database Error: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts."
Any help is much appreciated.