Being a developer, security is a completely new world for me! I have a windows EC2 instance running Windows server 2012 RTM, public facing .NET 4.5 Web application and SQL server 2012 web edition.
I've opened a port for FTPS & HTTP but mostly my firewall is on default settings.
- Do I need anti-virus running? (Which?)
- Do I need anti-spamwhere running? (When I use the browser to download Apps etc) (Which?)
- Do I need any malicious prevention services? (Which?)
- Do I need any port-scan, security checking software to check for weak exposures? (Which?)
- What do I need that I don't know I need?
- Do I need to prevent Denial of serices attacks myself?
Any help would be appreciated!!