- Server: HP ProLiant DL320s G1 (System ROM: W04)
- O/S: Windows 2003 R2 x64 SP2
- Autoloader: HP 1x8 G2 AUTOLDR (Firmware: 2.50 / 2.00n)
- Drive: Ultrium 3-SCSI (Firmware: D22W)
- SCSI HBA: HP SC11Xe (Firmware: 01033900)
- BackupExec: 12 SP3 Single Media Server
There is approximatly 500GB of direct attatched storage that is backed up in full every night off this server; 1 box solution files and BEWS on same server. No databases or exchange just files on a NTFS partition, the backup was working flawlessly every night for about a year, then it stopped working and fails with the following information.
Job ended: 30 July 2009 at 19:03:43 Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe00084f4 - An unknown error has occurred. Final error category: System Errors
Backup- D: DataStorage device "HP Drive" reported an error on a request to write data to media. Error reported: A device attached to the system is not functioning. V-79-57344-34036 - An unknown error has occurred.
Following the links in the job log fail to provide any steps that haven't been tried before. Support personel from both HP and Symantec have remoted in to have a look and try various different things, we have replaced the HBA, SCSI Cable (HP RMA), Internal Drive (which was reporting numerous soft failures - HP RMA) and the SCSI terminator (HP RMA).
I have tried the following recently:
- Install the latest ProLiant support pack which includes the upgrade to HP Managment Agents.
- Install the latest tape drives from Symantec.
- Checked the login account, is Domain Admin, is specific to BackupExec, is not locked out.
- Tried starting the job from BEWS using the BackupExec account
- Installed latest StorPort driver from Microsoft
I am at my wits end, not sure what to try next, beyond asking HP to RMA the whole AutoLoader.