I am on a Windows XP machine that is trying to connect to a Windows 2008 FTP. When trying to connect to my ftp site, I am getting a
ftp: connect :Connection refused. I have confirmed that other machines are able to connect to the FTP and transfer data.
I have a batch file doing the FTPing:
I've taken the following steps to try to remedy the situation:
- ping: I am able to ping and receive a response from my FTP server
- tracert: I was able to do a full tracert and was able to get to my client machine to the host
- firewall: There are no firewalls enabled on this machine
- other FTP: I am unable to connect to any other FTP site
- telnet: I am able to telnet to port 21.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
edit: What I did notice that when I do a
netstat, I see that port 21 is being occupied by
Now, if I check my task manager, I see 1256 is