A coworker and I are trying to hash out a problem we're having with redirection over HTTPS, and I figure more eyes can't hurt. Our problem is as follows:
- Client(192.168.0.1) and Host1(188.8.131.52) successfully negotiate a SSLv3.0 session.
- Client(192.168.0.1) attempts to send HTTP data to Host1(184.108.40.206) and is redirected(307) to Host2(220.127.116.11)
- HTTP data is never received by Host2(18.104.22.168)
Our knowledge of SSL is pretty decent, but the guy who was really well versed in it is no longer here, so bear with me. Here are our questions:
- Since we're redirecting over SSL, does the Host2(22.214.171.124) certificate common name need to match the common name on the Client's(192.168.0.1) cert?
- What are other issues that could be causing this problem?