Windows 2000 Domain, we want to upgrade it to 2003. Once domain is on 2003 we want to put a 2012 member server running SQL 2012 and also keep the 2 demoted Windows 2000 Servers.
3 Windows Servers SP4 32-bit DCs
- has DHCP and DNS (Schema Master, Domain Naming Master, RID Master and PDC Emulator, Global Catalog)
- has Printers and Files on it, not worried about these (Infrastructure Master)
- Windows server 2000 SP4 running Exchange 2003.
- Windows server 2003 Standard SP2 64bit which runs Sharepoint Services.
- Windows server 2003 Standard R2 32bit runs SQL 2005
Could either of the existing 2003 servers be used as the new DC, or would it be best to obtain a fresh server as the DC?
Would upgrading the domain have an impact on the 2000 server running Exchange 2003?