I am thinking about getting a VPS node from a hosting provider. But I am very unclear as to how the VPS node really works.
- Assuming that the hosting provider promises Dedicated CPU of 2Ghz, 2 CPU Cores, Dedicated RAM 1000MB, does it follow that I will always get it, assuming that the hosting provider is not cheating me?
- The VPS node can be a virtual machine, am I right?
- In the event that it is a VM, and it cohabitats with a lot of other VMs on a server, will the usages of other VMs affect mine's performance?
- Let's say in order to earn money, the hosting provider put too many VMs on a server, resulting in oversubscription ( assuming that for a server, the normal number of VMs can be put on it is 10, but the hosting provider puts 30), will that seriously impact my VM's performance?
- How to ensure that the hosting provider won't oversubscribe?