I have a misbehaving Cisco 2811. It serves our office of 20 with internet and phones via Call Manager Express. Except that lately the phones aren't working right and internet is choppy. The outside interface attached to our ISP is fine. The inside interface is attached to a 2960 where our internal network is connected. There are obvious issues in the show interface:
FastEthernet0/1 is up, line protocol is up Hardware is MV96340 Ethernet, address is 001b.d40a.e071 (bia 001b.d40a.e071) Internet address is 192.168.1.254/24 MTU 1500 bytes, BW 100000 Kbit/sec, DLY 100 usec, reliability 255/255, txload 13/255, rxload 19/255 Encapsulation 802.1Q Virtual LAN, Vlan ID 1., loopback not set Keepalive not set Full-duplex, 100Mb/s, 100BaseTX/FX ARP type: ARPA, ARP Timeout 04:00:00 Last input 00:00:00, output 00:00:00, output hang never Last clearing of "show interface" counters 00:54:10 Input queue: 1/150/420/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0 Queueing strategy: fifo Output queue: 0/40 (size/max) 5 minute input rate 7463000 bits/sec, 1038 packets/sec 5 minute output rate 5244000 bits/sec, 880 packets/sec 3021883 packets input, 2691686783 bytes Received 7649 broadcasts, 0 runts, 0 giants, 95 throttles 2155 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 2155 ignored 0 watchdog 0 input packets with dribble condition detected 2537251 packets output, 1717084791 bytes, 0 underruns 0 output errors, 0 collisions, 0 interface resets 464 unknown protocol drops 0 babbles, 0 late collision, 0 deferred 0 lost carrier, 0 no carrier 0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped out
I have replaced the cable with a brand new one, with no effect. I have set the switchport nonegotiate on the 2960 it is attached to. I have verified that the settings are the same on both interfaces (100M, Auto/Auto). I have ensured CDP is on, and keepalives are off.
I am remote today, but I'm going to put a SPAN port on the 2960 tomorrow to try to get more info. Is there anything else I can do to figure out where these problems are coming from?
I did a sho interface mac-accounting and one person's computer is sending about 80% of the total traffic to the router...2800M bytes out of 3100M bytes total. My assistant checked on her PC and found nothing out of the ordinary.
By request, here's the
sh int from the switch port:
GigabitEthernet1/0/48 is up, line protocol is up (connected) Hardware is Gigabit Ethernet, address is b414.89ba.32b0 (bia b414.89ba.32b0) MTU 1500 bytes, BW 100000 Kbit, DLY 100 usec, reliability 255/255, txload 22/255, rxload 4/255 Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set Keepalive not set Full-duplex, 100Mb/s, media type is 10/100/1000BaseTX input flow-control is off, output flow-control is unsupported ARP type: ARPA, ARP Timeout 04:00:00 Last input 00:00:03, output 00:00:00, output hang never Last clearing of "show interface" counters never Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 20147 Queueing strategy: fifo Output queue: 0/40 (size/max) 5 minute input rate 1883000 bits/sec, 693 packets/sec 5 minute output rate 8721000 bits/sec, 1020 packets/sec 64561402 packets input, 46701593519 bytes, 0 no buffer Received 109892 broadcasts (102372 multicasts) 0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles 0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored 0 watchdog, 102372 multicast, 0 pause input 0 input packets with dribble condition detected 66138056 packets output, 36914890016 bytes, 0 underruns 0 output errors, 0 collisions, 0 interface resets 0 babbles, 0 late collision, 0 deferred 0 lost carrier, 0 no carrier, 0 PAUSE output 0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped out