I try to monitor the RAID-status on my HP ProLiant DL380 G5 with hpacucli 9.20. But, it's acting rather weird. Most of the time, it will return:
root@SERVER:~# hpacucli ctrl all show Error: No controllers detected.
But now and then it actually works as intended:
root@SERVER:~# hpacucli ctrl all show Smart Array P800 in Slot 4 (sn: PXXXXXXXXX)
I ran a few tests, and found that it fails around 90-95% of the time when i executed the command every other second over a period of 20 minutes (600 executions).
Does anyone have a clue? What can be the cause of this weird behaviour?
- OS: Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS 64-bit
- Kernel: Linux xen 3.2.0-29-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP
- Smart Array FW version: 7.24
- Controller: HP Smart Array P800
- hpacucli version: 188.8.131.52