These are the network specifications:
- 6 desktops, all with Windows XP Professional SP2
- 3 of these desktops have wireless cards
- 3 of them are connected through Ethernet cable to router
- Router: LinkSys WRT54G
- Bill says "3 Megas Broadband service"
- Recent Speedtest.net test: 10 ms ping, 2.9 Mbps download speed, 1.5 Mbps upload speed.
The problem: internet connection is slow (none of these computers use a lot of bandwidth), and sometimes there is no connection for a couple of minutes, and a router reboot is necessary to get it working again.
The diagnosis given by the internet provider guy: the router is saturated.
The solution: you tell me :P Buy a new router? Keep the router and buy a switch? Tweak the router?