This question already has an answer here:
- How does IPv4 Subnetting Work? 5 answers
I am an IT Administrator for a newly founded company and have been tasked with designing an IP addressing scheme and a plan for allocation and management of IP addresses. The company will currently have a single, physical location with approximately 145 hosts (computers, printers, etc.)
- What subnet ranges should be used?
- Should IP addresses be dynamically or statically assigned?
- Should one or more network/subnets be used?
- If DHCP is used, should a router, firewall or Windows Server be utilized and why?
I need to consider future growth and design also