I'm trying to build a VPN setup, where there are several Road-Warriors (various OSes) want to communicate to internal network behind a VPN gateway. The key facts are these:
- Internal network is 10.254.0.0/24
- No DHCP
- Internal hosts are all RHEL/CentOS 6
- Road-Warriors are assigned virtual addresses within 10.2.0.0/24
- VPN gateway is a RHEL 6 box with:
- Internal address 10.254.0.111
- External address X.X.X.X
- VPN gateway is NOT the default gateway for internal hosts
- VPN is implemented using Strongswan
So far Road-Warriors successfully connect to VPN gateway. The issue is that on every internal host I have to setup routing tables to send 10.2.0.0/24 traffic through 10.254.0.111 if I want them be accessible for RWs.
What are other options? How can I centrally manage routing info so that it is autodiscovered by internal hosts?