I have a freeradius 2.0.4 server i want to update.it has been running without interruption for 2 years.
My update consists only in updating the chap module without creating a new one.
To avoid discontinuity of service and be sure that all configs remain the same, i am trying to find a smooth way to do that on a testing machine.
I thought it would be possible to simply replace the rlm_chap-2.0.4.so library with my modified version of it. but this produces a segfault (most probably caused by a library conflict).
- Freeradius starts and segfault is produced when the chap module is call at the first request.
- My library works fine when it is used along with the compiled version from sources of freeradius
- I am using 2 versions of Freeradius: 2.0.4 installed through an apt-get install and the compiled version from apt-get sources
- The library conflict is caused by the modified library and by nothing else. If i restore the original version of rlm_chap-2.0.4.so (and do nothing else) it works fine again.
- I am still a noob in compilation/library manipulations/freeradius, so i'm probably doing a lot of things wrong.