Androids can't connect to an Exchange Server 2013 via the ActiveSync protocol. Any other devices can work without problems. We tested the 2.x branch and 4.x branch. Even with an stock Google Nexus 4 we can't connect to our Exchange Server 2013. In Exchange Server 2010 everything works just fine.
With Googling techniques, I've found this workaround:
- Log onto Domain Controller
- Start AD Users and Computers
- Click on View - Advanced Features
- Double-click on the user who's account wont work with ActiveSync
- Go to the security tab and then select the advanced button
- Select Exchange Servers, and tick the Include inheritable permissions toggle then Apply and OK.
- Reconfigure your phone and walk away happy
The problem is: is this secure? Is this recommended? What are the implications of this approach? And finally: if it safe; there's a way to change the default behaviour, so new users with those Android devices can use the mail systems without problems?